Medifast Info – Medifast Diet Review
The Medifast diet plan offers to help you lose weight easily and safely. It also promises that you will easily be able to stick to their eating program because you will never feel hungry or unsatisfied. Are these promises the Medifast diet plan can keep?. What do Medifast reviews indicate? Let’s go over all of the Medifast info and find out!
What is the Medifast diet plan?
Medifast has been around for over 20 years, so it is definitely not a fad that will be here today and gone tomorrow. Developed by doctors, Medifast has been recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980 for patients who need a safe and effective way to lose excess weight and you will find that Medifast diet reviews in general are quite enthusiastic about the weight loss results.
The Medifast diet plan centers around something called the 5 to 1 Plan. Every day, you will eat five Medifast Meals, which consist of foods delivered by Medifast right to your front door. You will also eat your lean and green meal, one each day. This is a fresh low carb meal prepared by you using foods that follow the Medifast menu rules. This means shopping for fresh green veggies and lean protein.
Sounds like a lot of meals to eat in one day? Well, nutritionists have long suggested that eating several small meals a day, instead of three large ones, can help you lose weight. And the Medifast diet plan takes this principal to heart. While on the plan, you will eat a meal every two to three hours, which will help you to always feel full and resist temptations. And, every day, you will eat about 800 to 1000 calories.
The Medifast 5 and 1 Plan
Five of the meals you’ll eat every day consist of foods sent to you by Medifast. These shakes, soups, bars, beverages, and snacks are packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbohydrates. And the sheer number and variety of choices (from apple cinnamon oatmeal, to cream of chicken soup, to oatmeal raisin bars) is amazing.
For your daily Lean and Green meal, you will eat one lean protein (like chicken, fish, shellfish, or a lean cut of beef) along with a salad, and a vegetable of your choice. And what you learn when preparing your Lean and Green meal will help prepare you for when you have finished the Medifast diet plan, and must prepare all of your meals yourself.
Pros and Cons of the Medifast Diet Plan
All diet programs have both positive and negative aspects so here’s the Medifast information you need to know to determine whether the plan is right for you.
On the negative side:
- If you only need to lose 5 or 10 pounds, this probably isn’t the program for you.
- It is recommended that those using this program do only low-intensity exercise. So, if you are already using a high intensity exercise program, you’ll have to cut back.
However, the pros far outweigh the cons. On the positive side:
- The Medifast diet is perfect if you need to lose 20 pounds or more.
- The Medifast diet is safe for men and women of all ages (although you should talk to your doctor before you start any weight loss program).
- You can lose up to 2-5 pounds a week, which is pretty quick.
- You don’t have to worry about counting calories because it’s already done for you.
- It is simple to order your Medifast items online. You don’t need to visit Medifast centers or meet with counselors every week so you can maintain your privacy, but there is still plenty of assistance available close at hand from their telephone or email counselors.
If you are looking for a safe, fast and effective weight loss program, you should definitely consider the diet Medifast offers.
Become an Advantage Member and get Free Food, Free Shipping and 5% off!! Select Medifast Advantage at checkout!
Disclosure: DietInspector.com is a paid affiliate of Medifast, Inc.